Laundry Coupons: Wisk, Purex, and Xtra

I had to head out to the store tonight to pick up a few things including laundry detergent.  I ran out of detergent this morning after the baby left an explosive teething poop mess all over her bedding and clothes that rivaled the explosive mess she made months and months ago after Hubby gave her prunes as a natural colon cleanser. He didn't realize you don't continue feeding the baby jars of prunes until they finally go unless you want to clean up a disgusting mess for days on end. Of course I was left cleaning up that mess!

 

Anywho when I don’t have a lot of money to spend my laundry detergent of choice is Xtra.  I almost always pick it up at the Dollar General because I can get a 250oz (about 116 loads) jug for $8.  Tonight when I walked into the Dollar General I had a coupon from a store ad for $.50 off I planned to use, but when I got to the laundry detergent I discovered the detergent was on sale for $7.50, plus there was a wall mounted manufacturer’s coupon for $1 off!  I ended up saving $2, and walking out with my detergent for $6!

 

This is just a reminder to keep those Dollar General coupons you find either online or in the circulars because you CAN combine them with manufacturer’s coupons for bigger savings!

 

And an additional note:

It looks like Xtra’s website now has a coupon section that is not yet active.  I’ll keep checking and let you know when coupons begin to arrive there!

 

And if you’re still searching for laundry coupons Dollar General’s current online coupons include $1 off Wisk detergent and $1 off Purex Mountain Breeze Fabric Softener 100oz.  You can combine the DG Wisk coupon with this $1 off Wisk coupon from the manufacturer’s website!