Overwhelmed

Some days I wish cleaning my house, decorating, and getting ready for Christmas was as simple as snapping my fingers. I know most people hate housework, but I absolutely loathe it. I'm that geeky girl who would rather spend all day working on a slow computer fix than lifting a finger to clean. Too bad real life doesn't work that way, and with all the hectic holiday stuff that occurs at this time of the year I feel completely overwhelmed.

When I get like this I usually find myself wanting to run around the house with a trash can throwing everything and anything I can get my hands on away.  I feel like everything is clutter.  This year throw in pregnancy hormones and I feel like we'll be lucky if we have anything left by the time New Year's rolls around!  Hubby says I'm making a mistake because one day I'm going to be complaining about we need this or we need that, and we'll have to go buy a new one because I threw it away.  I feel the opposite.  I feel like no matter how much I throw away or donate we'll always have too much stuff.  I feel like the house is in a constant state of clutter no matter how hard I try to keep things streamlined.

Argh.  I think the best thing for me to do right now is to stop stressing over it.  If I feel like throwing something away I'll toss it.  Hopefully I won't have to replace a bunch of stuff later, but if I do oh well.  At least it's not in the way and cluttering my house now.