Life's Emergencies

Be patient with me as I get back into the swing of things.  I know I haven't been around a lot lately, but I do have a good reason for that.  For starters I just spent 9 days in the hospital and delivered my baby girl 5 weeks early.  She weighed in at 4lbs and 5oz, and she's doing great.  She's super healthy and even shocked the doctors, but mama's the one that isn't doing so well. 

I ended up with an emergency c-section because I rapidly became severely preeclamptic.  We didn't have time for any other options if I wanted the docs to save the lives of both me and my daughter.  All of this has completely turned my life upside down, and I can say I'm definitely putting myself and my family before anything online. 

Things are really put into perspective when you go through something like this.  Spending 9 days in the hospital because of my own health while my 5 week old preemie was released to my husband really made me think about a lot of things.  For starters we really need to look into whole life insurance instead of just talking about how we need to do it. We definitely need to find health insurance for us as well no matter how much it costs.

I could keep rambling on and on about all this, but I really need to take advantage of the few more minutes I have before baby girl wakes up for her feeding.  I'm definitely learning to prioritize, and I just wanted to let it be known that there's a good chance I won't be around a lot anytime soon.