The Right Time Of The Year For Big Savings

This is my favorite time of the year, and the weather only equates for about half of that.  What truly makes it my favorite?  The shopping deals of course!  Everyone already knows you can buy seasonal items at great discounts at the end of a season, like buying up a stock of hayward tigershark pool cleaners, fans, and air conditioners, and such in September or October, but that's not the kind of stuff I search for at the end of the Summer.

I know a lot of people think the best time to shop is right after a major holiday like Christmas, but I've learned if you want great deals you should shop right before stores begin to put out their seasonal holiday items.

Most stores don't have enough room to shuffle around all the current merchandise to make room for the holiday stuff, so they make the room they need by putting lots and lots of stuff on clearance.  This is especially true at smaller stores like dollar stores.

Just this week alone I spent a total of $8 on over $100 worth of merchandise at our local Dollar General store, and only about half of it is what you would consider Summer stuff.  I got towels, blankets, shower curtains, and other home decor items that are non-seasonal for next to nothing.  Toys also tend to go on sale this time of the year because new stock will be coming in just in time for the big Christmas rush.  I bought 3 toys, normally priced at $15-20, for $3 total.

So, keep an eye out for those big clearance sales!  Now is the time to buy!