Christmas Bargain Hunting

Today is one of those days when I'm feeling like things are totally going my way, but it didn't start out that way.  This morning I woke up feeling pretty crappy knowing financially we aren't in the position I thought we would be in this month.  We had a huge hiccup at the beginning of the week, a very large unexpected expense that sucked up about 85% off our Christmas budget.

While I'm extremely happy that we had that money to fall back on when we needed it I'm upset that "Santa" can't afford to give a certain little 4 year old girl the Christmas we had hoped for.  She's asked for a couple of big items this  year that I really wanted her to have like a Barbie Dream house (aka any kind of doll house because she doesn't know the difference) and a new bicycle.  I really want to be able to get her both plus a few smaller things, but I know things don't always go as planned as in this instance.

I was sitting here trying to plan out what we can afford to buy with what money we have left knowing I have to buy presents for two this year (although buying for the baby isn't a big thing) when I got a text from my sister.  She found a lady having a yard sale who had a brand new in box Disney High School Musical 3 doll house for $3.  Yes, I said THREE DOLLARS! *Pretends I'm happy dancing to music under the strobing lights of a chauvet slim par 38!*

Of course I snatched that thing up. Yes it's a few years old in terms of when it came out, but it's brand new in box.  I have absolutely no problem with that, especially with a rambunctious 4 year old who tends to destroy everything.  She had a few of the High School Musical dolls new in box, too, for $2 a piece, so she'll get the dolls, dollhouse, and I'll be able to afford the bicycle and a few smaller items now, too.  That made my day.